GU Energy Gel
ORIGINAL ENERGY GEL
Tasty, Portable Energy for Athletes
GU Original Energy Gels pack quick, effective, and sustained energy to meet the demands of all types of activity, in a convenient packet small enough to fit in your pocket.
Original Energy Gels contain carbohydrates for energy, electrolytes for hydration, and BCAAs to help protect working muscles. Learn more about each.
Carbohydrates From Two Sources
Fast-acting and long-lasting carbohydrates - from maltodextrin and fructose - allow you to quickly digest more fuel without stomach upset.
Electrolytes To Replace What You've Lost
Our gels contain sodium, the electrolyte you lose when you sweat. Always take gels with a few sips of water to help your body efficiently absorb your fuel.
The Many Benefits Of BCAAs
Our BCAA blend helps protect muscles from breakdown, contributes to energy production, and helps prevent mental fatigue.†
SUGGESTED USE GUIDE
0-1 Hours Of Effort
When you're exercising for an hour or less, it's important to start your
workout well-hydrated and energized. Five minutes before your activity, top off your energy stores with an Energy Gel. It's always best to take a few sips of water to help your body process your fuel.
1-2 Hours Of Effort
When you're exercising for longer than an hour, it's important to refuel along the way. Aim to eat an Energy Gel every 30-45 minutes to keep going strong, and be sure to hydrate while taking gels to help your body efficiently process your fuel.
2-3 Hours Of Effort
As you increase exercise duration, your body needs more. Supplement your Energy Gels with Energy Chews, Hydration Tabs for electrolyte replacement, or Roctane Energy Drink for energy and hydration in one.
3+ Hours Of Effort
During really long efforts, it's impossible to replace everything you're burning, but you can maximize your performance by eating as much as your body can comfortably process. Boost your BCAA consumption with Roctane Energy Gels or Roctane Drink Mix, which will help protect your muscles as you go longer.
If there’s a flavor that’s perfect for Energy Gels, it’s Salted Caramel. The indulgent, sweet caramel taste melts in your mouth, only to be complemented by just enough salt to keep things interesting. With the same consistency as caramel, we won’t judge if you use it to top your next ice cream sundae.
+20mg CAFFEINE per serv, pouch
When you think of oranges, what comes to mind? Sour? Juicy? Tangy? Halftime at soccer games? If your answer is “all of the above”, you’ll love Mandarin Orange. It brings out all the redeeming qualities of the refreshing citrus fruit – like the ultimate flavor wingman.
Chocolate Outrage was one of the four original Energy Gel flavors back in 1993, and it remains a favorite to this day. Crafted with organic dark chocolate, this flavor satisfies any cocoa craving. The chocolate taste is rich, sweet, and fudge-like...full of flavor but simple enough that you can enjoy it day after day.
Tri-Berry is as smooth as a berry flavor can be… a trifecta of berries for a sweet, rich and ripe flavor. Slight floral notes add depth and another dimension to this otherwise smooth flavor. This tried and true flavor is a favorite among GU fans.
Espresso Love is the ideal flavor for a busy athlete. This flavor will remind you of a bold, rich, dark-roasted cup of joe – so good you might just sip on the gel like it’s a lazy Saturday morning. Plus, with 40mg of caffeine, it’s perfect for those early morning workouts. Love is in the name, and it’s also in the recipe, because here at GU, one of our six core values is love.
Strawberry Banana required the utmost precision to create the perfect balance, because too much banana flavor can dominate other flavors. The mellow banana notes upfront is blended with a zip of strawberry flavor, which delivers a taste just like a perfect smoothie.
Caramel Macchiato brings out the best from two different flavor profiles combining a sweet caramel taste with the flavor of a strong, dark cup of coffee. It’s indulgent, it’s sweet, and it’s just so smooth. Caramel flavor up front and a mellow coffee taste to back it up. Imagine having a caramel candy and finishing it with a sip of creamy coffee. The 40mg of caffeine is perfect for those early morning workouts.
Lemon Sublime Energy Gel is truly sublime. Bringing all the flavor without overwhelming your palate, Lemon Sublime walks the walk when it comes to flavor. It’s citrusy, slightly sour, and just sweet enough to keep things easy on the taste buds. Try it in the middle of a summer long run if you want your refreshment levels to go through the roof.
Mint Chocolate perfectly balances two distinct flavors without picking favorites. The initial taste brings a refreshing mint taste, only to be followed by a rich, dark chocolate. Not quite bitter, but rich enough to remind you of that classic minty chocolate candy from the top of a pillow.
As any berry connoisseur knows, the taste of a blackberry varies throughout the season. The taste of Jet Blackberry is like that mid-summer berry: ripe enough to deliver unmatched sweetness while still bringing out a touch of tart. It won’t make your mouth pucker, but it keeps things interesting. This flavor also packs 40mg of caffeine – to help you turn on the jets, of course.
Oh, Tastefully Nude… smooth and ever-so-mellow. You can call it bland, and we won’t take offense, because that’s just what it is! Crafted for athletes that don’t like frills and only wear white socks.
Campfire S’mores brings flavor science to new heights. Between the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate, there is a lot of flavor packed into one small packet. The flavor delivers gooey, sweet, and toasty marshmallow up front and is followed by a hint of Graham cracker and a smooth chocolatey finish. One taste, and you’ll be transported back to the campfire.
Cola Me Happy
A spicy and tangy way to fuel that’s reminiscent of your favorite aid station treat.
- Orders of value above S$30 will be shipped using a trackable delivery service.
- Delivery lead time shall be between 2-4 working days.
Domestic Mail Delivery
- Orders of value S$30 or lower will be shipped using Singpost postal mail (non-trackable).
- Delivery lead time shall be between 3-7 working days.
Same Day Delivery
- If you require same day delivery, please contact us at our phone lines.
- Additional fee shall apply.
- Shipping charges reflected at check-out is based on delivery within Singapore only.
- We currently do not ship outside of Singapore.
- Any orders from outside of Singapore will be cancelled and the payer will have to bear losses in exchange rates, transaction fee and cancellation fee.
- Additional delivery charge of S$40 shall be imposed for delivery of bulky items to restricted areas such as the Changi Airfreight Centre. This additional charge will not be reflected during check out. We will advise on the payment method once the order has been confirmed.
- You may request for an exchange of the purchased item within 14 days after receiving your item.
- To be eligible for an exchange, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- Clearance and pre-order item(s) are not eligible for exchange.
- You can contact us at email@example.com. If your request is accepted, you will have to exchange the item directly at our store.
- Should you decide to mail the item to us rather than carry it to our store, you will be responsible for all shipping charges and assume the risk of loss or damage to the returned products during its transit to our store. We recommend insuring shipments.
- You can request an order cancellation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation is only possible if the order has not been shipped.
- A fee will be charged for all order cancellations. These are fees charged by the payment gateways and we are in no way profiting from these charges.
- Fee varies according to the payment method used at the point of purchase:
- Visa/Master (Locally issued card): 3.2% + S$0.50
- Visa/Master (Overseas issued card): 3.6% + S$0.50
- AMEX: 3.6% + S$0.50
- Paypal: 3.9% + S$0.50
- Refunds shall be made in Singapore dollars. No restitution shall be made for any loss in currency exchange.
- Refunds will be via the original method when the purchase was made.
- Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as nutritional products) and custom products (such as special orders or personalized items). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.